Eustis Engineering has been a leading geotechnical firm in southeastern Louisiana for more than 70 years. We are currently looking for an Assistant Project Engineer to work in our New Orleans area office. The candidate should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum. The individual accepting this position should have effective oral and written communication skills to work with staff and clients at all levels.
The Assistant Project Engineer will work under the administrative and technical supervision of a Project Manager or Project Engineer. The Assistant Project Engineer will:
- Coordinate field exploration operations (including utility locates, permit requests, work orders);
- Operate and maintain our cone penetrometer testing (CPT) rig fleet as well as reduce and interpret data;
- Work as a field soil technician, engineering technician, or laboratory technician on an as-needed basis;
- Be involved in our geotechnical instrumentation and remote sensing programs;
- Develop and maintain GIS and geologic mapping resources;
- Operate and maintain our Pile Driving Analyzers and perform dynamic pile testing; and
- Perform geotechnical engineering analyses and evaluations generally covered in undergraduate curricula for shallow and deep foundations, earthen embankments, and other geotechnical engineering designs common for soft and compressible soils.
In addition to a competitive salary commensurate with experience, Eustis Engineering provides an excellent benefits package for its fulltime employees including paid time off, paid company holidays, major medical and dental insurance, a 401(k) with a matching contribution, as well as other benefits.
Softare commonly used by our engineering staff includes Microsoft Office 365, Bentley’s MicroStation and gINT, GWALSHT, GeoStudio’s Suite (e.g., SLOPE/W, SEEP/W), Grapher, and many of ENSOFT’s programs (e.g., LPILE, GROUP) to name a few. Therefore, a working knowledge of some of these software programs is a plus to the position of Assistant Project Engineer.