Eustis Engineering has been a leading geotechnical firm in southeastern Louisiana for more than 70 years.
We are seeking an experienced Construction Materials Testing (CMT) Technician to join our New Orleans area office. The candidate should have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED. Certification with the American Concrete Institute as a Concrete Field Technician and familiarity in the use of nuclear density units are a plus. Assignments are primarily in the States of Louisiana and Mississippi. Assignments may require overtime, weekend, and out-of-town work. The candidate seeking this position must be willing to be exposed to all weather conditions of the Gulf South.
The CMT Technician will work under the direct supervision of the CMT Operations Supervisor as well as the Operations Manager. The CMT Technician will/may:
- be responsible for the sampling, observation, and testing of soils and other materials utilizing a nuclear density gauge or drive tube;
- perform concrete, grout, and masonry quality control tests through sampling and visual observation; performs slump tests; and collects samples for compressive and flexural strength tests;
- observe asphalt batching at the plant or placement in the field;
- be onsite during the installation of various types of piles to observe and record activities;
- sample concrete and/or asphalt to verify thickness;
- communicate with site contractors, other technicians, and management on a regular basis; and
- complete accurate and detailed field reports and/or diagrams.
The CMT Technician will be included in Eustis Engineering’s Alcohol and Drug Abuse Testing Program and will be part of our random drug and alcohol screening. A pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background check are required.