Eustis Engineering is seeking Engineering Technicians for our Baton Rouge and Metairie offices.
Education and/or Experience
The Engineering Technician should have an associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Engineering Technician will provide drafting and technical support to the engineering staff including field assignments. The Engineering Technician may also provide supplemental and technical support for drilling, laboratory, and CMT departments.
Assignments are primarily in the State of Louisiana with some out-of-state assignments. Assignments may require overtime, weekend, and out-of-town assignments. The Engineering Technician must have an appropriate motor vehicle operation license for employment and the ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card.
The Engineering Technician will assist with drafting and planning using MicroStation, gINT, ArcGIS, and Google Earth. The Engineering Technician will be able to:
- recognize and convert GPS coordinates between various formats;
- obtain, reduce, and present geotechnical instrumentation data;
- import and export laboratory test data and present in various formats (e.g., USACE, LaDOTD);
- reduce and plot pile load test data;
- perform field testing (e.g., CPT, resistivity, infiltration, falling or rising head piezometer testing);
- assist the engineering staff in planning and coordinating site access for drilling equipment.
- coordinate utility locations (Louisiana One Call);
- obtain permits for site access;
- be responsible for application of the general safety requirements and other contractual safety requirements to the work being performed under his/her supervision;
- be responsible for inspecting work areas, making safety recommendations, noting safety recommendations, and taking corrective actions on a daily basis;
- on an as needed basis, work as a field soil technician, CMT technician, engineering technician, and/or laboratory technician; and
- complete other duties as assigned.
Currently, this is a part-time or temporary position.
Please contact Kathy LeRouge @ 504-613-5800 or email@example.com for additional information. Applicants interested in this position should submit his/her resume or a job application to Kathy LeRouge by close of business on Thursday, 14 April 2022.