Our Eustis Engineering office in Houston, Texas, has an immediate opening for a Geotechnical Engineering Office Manager. The individual will provide engineering and consulting services for public works, commercial, communications, energy, federal, and/or industrial sector projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations engineering analyses; calculations; and recommendations; observation and inspection; and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Other duties may include review of construction drawings to assure compliance with geotechnical recommendations; preparation of proposals and cost estimates; tracking and evaluation of project progress; budgets; and recommend changes. This Office Manager will also assign, review, and evaluate laboratory and field data for inclusion in reports; apply sound engineering principles’ and communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Help with the ongoing development and execution of the business plan for the Office based on the competitive marketplace.
- Be responsible for staff activities and the financial status of the office.
- Be responsible for implementation and adherence to corporate safety and quality control programs.
- Provide direct supervision to staff as defined by the governing licensing board (e.g., Texas Engineering Practice Act).
- Provide technical direction required for production and completion of both routine and unique or complex projects.
- Prepare geotechnical engineering and CMT proposals and reports.
- Participate in meetings with design team, stakeholders, and clients.
- Plan and implement engineering projects, including defining the project philosophy, activities, milestones, and staff requirements, according to the client’s requirements.
- Provide leadership of marketing, sales, and business development.
- Serve as a project reviewer and mentor for less experienced staff.
Requirements and Preferences
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Civil or Geological Engineering.
- Minimum five years’ experience in geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing services. Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in the State of Texas.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Management experience.
- Strong business background.