NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA
On Saturday, 19 November, a World War II-era PT boat rolled from the National World War II Museum to the Erato Street wharf in New Orleans. In May, Eustis Engineering L.L.C. made geotechnical recommendations for the construction of a boathouse that will eventually house the restored boat.
The boathouse will serve as the departure point for cruises aboard the PT boat, which was built in New Orleans in 1943.
The boathouse will be in the South Shore Harbor marina, which sits at the bank of Lake Pontchartrain. The marina, which once housed Bally’s Casino, is being developed into a music-themed amphitheater, recording studio, open-air market, and restaurant. The project is planned to include four new structures in addition to renovations of the existing casino structure.
Read more at nola.com