Eustis Engineering has been a leading geotechnical firm in southeastern Louisiana for more than 70 years. We are seeking a Project Engineer to join our New Orleans area office. The candidate should have at least four years of work experience after earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and a Master’s Degree or some graduate level course work. The position of Project Engineer requires registration as a Professional Engineer. An individual accepting this position needs effective oral and written communication skills to work with staff and clients at all levels.
The Project Engineer will work under the technical supervision of a Project Manager. The Project Engineer will:
- Develop and maintain a schedule and budget for the assigned project,
- Work with the drilling department and clients to schedule our field explorations,
- Coordinate with our geotechnical laboratory to establish a laboratory testing program and schedule,
- Work with, guide, and mentor Assistant and Associate Project Engineers on project assignments, and
- Perform engineering analyses appropriate for the project, including shallow and deep foundations, slope stability, and settlement analyses, and
- Develop and produce technical drawings, calculations, reports, and specifications.
Software commonly used by our engineering staff includes Microsoft Office 365, Bentley’s MicroStation and gINT, CWALSHT, GeoStudio’s Suite (e.g. SLOPE/W, SEEP/W), Grapher, and many of ENSOFT’s programs (e.g. LPILE & GROUP) to name a few. Therefore, a working knowledge of some, if not all, of these software programs is vital to the position of Project Engineer.
In addition to a competitive salary commensurate with experience, Eustis Engineering provides an excellent benefits package for its full time employees including paid time off, paid company holidays, major medical and dental insurance, a 401(k) with a matching contribution, as well as other benefits.